This week, the crew at A Lowcountry Wedding will be feverishly reviewing all the beautiful real wedding submissions we’ve received from up and down the Carolina coast. I’ll be honest, I’ve taken a peek at a few and you’re going to go crazy at what’s in store for our first online magazine! These big ol’ Southern weddings are IN-sane! So, while get cracking on these submissions, we thought you might to swoon over this dreamy Charleston wedding from Loren Routhier Photography. Loren is an amazing photography who, not only captures every lovely detail, she also has knack for capturing each and every couple at their finest. Gorgeous bride Elizabeth and her dapper husband Justin looked oh-so happy at their Middleton Place affair where Duvall Events was on hand to treat guests to a fabulous celebration!
Balloons! Balloons! Balloons! They are so much fun and are always a great touch to a Lowcountry wedding. Releasing balloons when the bride and groom exit would make an awesome picture for a day wedding! Or tape the strings of balloons at various heights to create a wall; instant backdrop! Use different sizes and shapes, guests will love it! What’s a party without balloons anyway!?
You’ve exchanged vows, cut the cake, and danced the night away with family and friends on the dance floor. Now its time to say goodbye to all of your wedding guests that helped to celebrate your wedding day. As the reception comes to an end, family and friends will gather around to send off the bride and groom. Why not get creative and have a unique departure from your wedding reception? Not only is a creative send off a fun way to end the celebration, but it leaves a lasting impression. To help make this moment perfect, and to get the creativity flowing, Pure Luxe Bride has identified several ideas for the bride and groom looking to depart their reception in style.
- Ditch the birdseed for a handful of colorful confetti! This fun and colorful send off provides a modern twist to the traditional birdseed toss. Not only will this departure be colorful and fun for wedding guests of all ages but, it will photograph nicely. (Most venues will require a bio-degradable confetti which can be found here )
- Looking for another way to make a bright and colorful exit from you wedding? Decorate your wedding guests with neon glow sticks and neon plastic sunglasses. This retro and colorful exit is the perfect departure for the playful and fun bride and groom.
- For the traditional couple having a romantic inspired wedding, have wedding guests toss handfuls of lavender upon departure. This sweet and romantic inspired departure is timeless, and will smell lovely as well.
- Sparkler send offs are always a favorite with Pure Luxe Bride! Who wouldn’t want to depart through a tunnel of beautiful sparklers?! This idea is perfect for any theme that the couple is incorporating in their wedding day. For elegant and romantic themed weddings, have a vintage car waiting at the end of the sparkler tunnel. We especially love the 36 inch sparklers from Sparklers Online -they burn for about 4 minutes!
- Incorporating transportation for departure that is unique to Charleston is another great idea. For the lowcountry bride and groom getting married and celebrating by the water, depart by boat for a true Charleston exit. If you are marrying downtown, exit by bike taxi or find a fun pair of wheels like this Boss Hog from Shuttle Hogs.
Sarah + Matt’s beautiful Southern wedding took place in Salem, South Carolina at the Reserve at Lake Keowee and was, to say the least, stunning. With the help of Katie Crain Weddings, the couple were able to bring their formal black and white color palette to life as their guests were treated to a lovely evening under the stars. The long tables were dressed with burlap runners, tons of candlelight and small bud vases of white flowers. Thanks to Liv Collins Photography for capturing all the details!
While we’re still recovering from all that glittery goodness we delivered yesterday, we’re moving on to a Georgetown, South Carolina wedding that is sure to suit your fancy. Georgetown is a cozy, coastal town located north of Charleston and just south of Myrtle Beach. It is home to the beautiful DeBordieu Club which recently hosted Bevin + Casey’s lively Lowcountry wedding. The beautiful couple brought on the talented crew at Blossoms Events to dazzle their guest with dreamy peony and tulip arrangements, while the bridesmaids were dressed in fabulous LulaKate gowns. As always, thanks to the wonderful Carmen Ash Photography for capturing this one-of-a-kind Southern wedding!
Charleston wedding planner Ivory Designs by Mary Martha teamed up with the talented florists of Pretty Petals of Charleston to create Molly + Brad’s preppy Southern soiree that is bound to have you pinning details left and right! We’re a little smitten with their lovely color palette of navy and yellow, especially those adorable bridesmaids dresses and all of that yellow chevron. On the banks of the Ashley River, the Carriage House at Magnolia Plantation is completely surrounded by ancient Live Oaks which made it the perfect venue for the couple’s outdoor Lowcountry ceremony. After saying ‘I do,’ the newlyweds joined their guests inside for an evening of celebration while they were treated to Lowcountry cuisine and a few s’mores by the fire! Thanks to Loren Routhier Photography for capturing all the details
Have you heard the big news!?! We’re launching our first ever online publication this summer and we’re over-the-moon with the fabulous response we’ve already seen. We’ve got big plans to shower Lowcountry brides with dreamy weddings from the coast of South Carolina ranging from Hilton Head and Beaufort to Charleston and Myrtle Beach (and a few of our other favorite cities in between!). You’ll find a selection of the most sought after Southern bridal selections from the top, local gown boutiques and, of course, all the best tips and inspiration to make your wedding planning process a breeze! In the meantime, we won’t keep you waiting! Today we’re sharing this charming Downtown Charleston engagement session from LindseyK Photography!