It’s a question on every bride’s mind…what on earth am I going to give as favors? OR should I even going to spend money on favors? Now let’s be serious, we’ve all chunked many-a cheesy wedding favors in trash (and rightfully so!) but with all the inspiration the Lowcountry offers, there must be a handful of memorable (and useable) surcees your wedding guests can appreciate. For instance, maybe our Hilton Head brides can send their guests home with a little sweet tea for the road (Firefly, anyone?), or maybe your Charleston folks would enjoy some classic benne wafers or sweet pralines (I know I would!). What about some grits with your favorite shrimp and grits recipe for your Myrtle Beach affair? Take a look at a few of our favorites and leave us a note if you’ve got a local favorite we forgot!
Image via Southern Weddings Magazine
Image via Richard Ellis Photography
Image via Ruffled
Image via A Bryan and Veil and Bow
Image by Liz Banfield via Tara Guerard
Image via Garnish
Image via Southern Weddings
Image by Linda Chaja via Style Me Pretty
Image by Rebecca Gosselin Photography via Style Me Pretty
Image via Heather Bullard Photography
Image by Tanja Lippert via Style Me Pretty
Image by Leslee Mitchell via Ruffled
I’ve been totally digging how brides and vendors have been incorporating garland into our beautiful Lowcountry weddings. It’s fun, whimsical and a different way to spice up your ceremony altar, dessert table or outdoor reception. Take a look at a few of our favorite, dreamy ways to add a touch of garland to your wedding day! I’m loving these balls of yarn…presh.
Image via Honestly WTF
Image by Clayton Austin via Ruffled
Image by Rothwell Photography via The Brides Cafe
Image via Love and Lavendar
Image by Leo Patrone Photography via Style Me Pretty
Image via Enchanting Breeze
Image by Kyle Hale via Once Wed
Image by Elyse Hall via Emmaline Bride
Image via A Subtle Revelry
Image by Saskia M Photography via Elizabeth Anne Designs
Image via Prudent Baby
Two years ago, I said ‘I do’ to this guy….
So, I figured, what better way to celebrate our anniversary, then to share our gorgeous Charleston wedding day with images from Jack Whitsitt! The ladies kicked off the day with hair and make up at Elysium Salon before returning to the beautiful Meeting Street Inn to get all dolled up. The bridesmaids wore strapless, knee-length LulaKate dresses in a summery, apple green color. The boys spent the morning at the Francis Marion Hotel where they were dressed in classic, black tuxedos complete with bow ties, while they waited for an Absolutely Charleston trolley to transport them to the Citadel campus for pre-ceremony pics! A bagpiper escorted the bridal party down the aisle at the Summerall Chapel to begin our traditional, Catholic ceremony. After our ‘I do’s', we headed to the historic Hibernian Hall for an amazing evening of celebrating with our friends and family! Cru Catering served a smorgasbord of Lowcountry cuisine including shrimp and grits (which people are still raving about!), the Travis Allison Band kept everyone up and moving all night long, and for a late night snack, Brian treated our guests to McDonald’s double cheeseburgers! If we could do it over again, we would in a heartbeat…easily, the best night of our lives Emma, sorry for the dancing pic – I just had to do it!
Ok, so how does this sound? Reserve your dream Charleston, Hilton Head or Myrtle Beach wedding venue (think Lowndes Grove, Hibernian Hall, Cassique, William Aiken…the list goes on!), buy your fabulous gown, one that will make any Southern bride swoon, book your plane tickets and then…FLY HOME MARRIED! Not bad, eh?
Well, you’re in luck. Nathan Peel Photography has rounded up a group of truly talented vendors to offer you the destination wedding of your dreams and all you have to do is enter (check out the rules below). That’s it. But don’t wait, the deadline is this Friday, February 17th. So, get crackin’to win your free Lowcountry wedding!
The lucky couple will receive…
Photography – Nathan Peel Photography ($8500 value)
- 12 hours of coverage on your wedding day by 1 photographer
- Day After Session for perfect couple/bridal portraits
- 10 spread leather album
- Digital Negative DVD of wedding and portrait session
- Up to $1500 paid travel budget for photographer
Stationery – Five Dot Design ($1000 value)
- A credit will be applied to the final balance of your wedding stationery package.
- This can be used towards Save the Dates, your invitation suite, reception pieces like programs, favors and thank you notes.
Planning – Blue Dahlia Events ($750 value)
- 3 sessions of expert planning advice to assist you with your destination wedding planning: budget, style + design, travel, timeline, etc.
Makeup - Brideface ($125 value)
- Custom DIY makeup consult to help you create two looks.
- *if couple isn’t local or plans to hire an artist on location then a gift basket with product of equal value will be sent.
$10,000 toward the destination wedding of your dreams…not too bad, huh?
Here’s how to enter:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Round 1 entries will be accepted through email only. All Facebook, Twitter, blog comments, etc will be disregarded.
- Include couple’s names, wedding date, wedding location and wedding venue. (A booked wedding venue and date will be valued highly.)
- Include a 100-200 word blurb (keep it short!) about you guys as a couple. We’re looking for insight into your personality.
- All Round 1 entries must be received by noon on February 17, 2012.
- 10 finalists will be selected and contacted by February 18, 2012.
- Finalists will be asked to submit a picture and a short description of their wedding.
- Voting will be opened to the public via online poll.
- Voting will close at noon March 1, 2012. The finalists with the most votes wins.
- All finalists will be selected by Nathan Peel Photography.
- A wedding will be considered as a “destination” wedding at the sole discretion of the photographer.
- If you have already contracted a photographer please consider your contractual obligations before entering.
- Current NPP couples are not eligible.
- Votes will be handled via secure online poll.
- Photographer travel will include 1 coach plane ticket, 3 nights of lodging on site, transportation and food.
- If $1500 budget is exceeded the winning couple will be responsible for extra expense.
- Wedding date availability will be taken into consideration when selecting finalists.
- To protect the integrity of the contest wedding vendors above reserve the right to disqualify any entry at any time