Today we’re announcing the Top 20Lowcountry Weddings of 2012! If you didn’t catch 11-20 this morning, no worries, just make sure to check it out here. The Top 10 were the most viewed weddings for 2012 and boy, were they beautiful! They were captured by some of the South’s most-sought-after wedding photographers and designed by the uber-talented wedding planners that call the Lowcountry home. So take a look, and let us know which one catches your fancy
Yall, 2012 was an awesome year here at A Lowcountry Wedding! Thanks to your support, our readership has grown by leaps and bounds and we CAN’T wait to see what’s in store for 2013. In honor of our fabulous year we wanted to share the love and present the Top 20 Lowcountry weddings from 2012. The Top 20 were determined by the posts with the most pageviews and they range in location from Beaufort to Charleston and Georgetown to Myrtle Beach! Thanks to all the wonderful vendors involved and stay tunedfor the Top 10 this afternoon!
Haley + Greg got hitched this past Fall in a formal, Southern affair in downtown Charleston. Haley went with a chic black and pink color palette while she donned a classic ivory gown. Their intimate ceremony took place at the First Baptist Church of Charleston before heading to the historic Mills House Hotel to celebrate the night away to the tunes of Finger Snappin’ Entertainment! Thanks to Mell Bell of Richard Bell Photography for capturing this fabulous Charleston Wedding!
I thought you might want to kick off your morning with a little teaser from the lenses of Richard Bell Photography. This morning we’re sharing Haley’s stunning bridal session that took place in the heart of Holy City thanks to the talented Mell Bell. If you think this is swoon-worthy, just wait til this afternoon when you feast your eyes on Haley’s Mills House Hotel Wedding!
For any of you gals that are planning a wedding in Charleston and are dying to be close to the beach (aren’t we all?!?), then I may have just what you’re looking for! The stunning Wild Dunes Resort is hooking up their 2013 brides, so go run over to their website to check out all the details.
Image via Morgan Trinker Photography
For 2013 weddings held with $20,000 or more in contracted food and beverage revenue, you’ll receive the following with our compliments:
• One-night stay on your wedding night
• Champagne and chocolate strawberries on your wedding night
• Warm seashell couples massage for the bride and groom (our island version of the traditional hot stone massage)
• Quintessential Charleston carriage ride to experience historic downtown Charleston, SC for the bridal party up to eight people
• Groom’s Golf Package including up to eight tee-times on one of our award-winning golf courses during your wedding stay
• In-room bridal suite salon pampering including hair and makeup complemented by tea sandwiches and mimosas for bridal party up to eight people
Image via Richard Bell Photography
Don’t forget you can enhance your wedding experience with the following upgrades to experience the best of the Lowcountry.
• Fishing excursion on surrounding barrier islands and waterways for the groomsmen or wedding guests
• Sunset sail along the Charleston Harbor for your wedding party
• Signature Lowcountry broil or oyster roast rehearsal dinner on one of our oceanside venues
• Farewell brunch along the Sea Island Grill terrace overlooking the picturesque Boardwalk Inn pools and boardwalk
Offer available for new 2013 weddings only with $20,000 or more in contracted food and beverage revenue (excludes taxes, service charges and venue rental fees). Based on availability. Restrictions and blackout dates apply. Subject to end without notice.
I thought today might be a good day to escape this dreary, winter weather and head to the breezy shores of Folly Beach where Lauren and Mark tied the knot this past September. Casual, intimate and understated…a Charleston destination wedding done right! I’m loving Lauren’s coastal color palette, cheerful bouquets and her relaxed wedding day hairstyle created by Ash and Co. Bridal Hair and Make up. Thanks to Caroline of Riverland Studios for a capturing this beautiful, oceanside affair!
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…I love a good engagement sesh. What could be better than spending the afternoon with your sweetheart and a talent like Patrick Hall Photography to capture your pre-wedding bliss? This downtown Charleston engagement session is chock-full of sweet, frame-able images as the couple tours the historic Holy City and The Battery!