It’s a question on every bride’s mind…what on earth am I going to give as favors? OR should I even going to spend money on favors? Now let’s be serious, we’ve all chunked many-a cheesy wedding favors in trash (and rightfully so!) but with all the inspiration the Lowcountry offers, there must be a handful of memorable (and useable) surcees your wedding guests can appreciate. For instance, maybe our Hilton Head brides can send their guests home with a little sweet tea for the road (Firefly, anyone?), or maybe your Charleston folks would enjoy some classic benne wafers or sweet pralines (I know I would!). What about some grits with your favorite shrimp and grits recipe for your Myrtle Beach affair? Take a look at a few of our favorites and leave us a note if you’ve got a local favorite we forgot!
Image via Southern Weddings Magazine
Image via Richard Ellis Photography
Image via Ruffled
Image via A Bryan and Veil and Bow
Image by Liz Banfield via Tara Guerard
Image via Garnish
Image via Southern Weddings
Image by Linda Chaja via Style Me Pretty
Image by Rebecca Gosselin Photography via Style Me Pretty
Image via Heather Bullard Photography
Image by Tanja Lippert via Style Me Pretty
Image by Leslee Mitchell via Ruffled
Ok, so how does this sound? Reserve your dream Charleston, Hilton Head or Myrtle Beach wedding venue (think Lowndes Grove, Hibernian Hall, Cassique, William Aiken…the list goes on!), buy your fabulous gown, one that will make any Southern bride swoon, book your plane tickets and then…FLY HOME MARRIED! Not bad, eh?
Well, you’re in luck. Nathan Peel Photography has rounded up a group of truly talented vendors to offer you the destination wedding of your dreams and all you have to do is enter (check out the rules below). That’s it. But don’t wait, the deadline is this Friday, February 17th. So, get crackin’to win your free Lowcountry wedding!
The lucky couple will receive…
Photography – Nathan Peel Photography ($8500 value)
- 12 hours of coverage on your wedding day by 1 photographer
- Day After Session for perfect couple/bridal portraits
- 10 spread leather album
- Digital Negative DVD of wedding and portrait session
- Up to $1500 paid travel budget for photographer
Stationery – Five Dot Design ($1000 value)
- A credit will be applied to the final balance of your wedding stationery package.
- This can be used towards Save the Dates, your invitation suite, reception pieces like programs, favors and thank you notes.
Planning – Blue Dahlia Events ($750 value)
- 3 sessions of expert planning advice to assist you with your destination wedding planning: budget, style + design, travel, timeline, etc.
Makeup - Brideface ($125 value)
- Custom DIY makeup consult to help you create two looks.
- *if couple isn’t local or plans to hire an artist on location then a gift basket with product of equal value will be sent.
$10,000 toward the destination wedding of your dreams…not too bad, huh?
Here’s how to enter:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Round 1 entries will be accepted through email only. All Facebook, Twitter, blog comments, etc will be disregarded.
- Include couple’s names, wedding date, wedding location and wedding venue. (A booked wedding venue and date will be valued highly.)
- Include a 100-200 word blurb (keep it short!) about you guys as a couple. We’re looking for insight into your personality.
- All Round 1 entries must be received by noon on February 17, 2012.
- 10 finalists will be selected and contacted by February 18, 2012.
- Finalists will be asked to submit a picture and a short description of their wedding.
- Voting will be opened to the public via online poll.
- Voting will close at noon March 1, 2012. The finalists with the most votes wins.
- All finalists will be selected by Nathan Peel Photography.
- A wedding will be considered as a “destination” wedding at the sole discretion of the photographer.
- If you have already contracted a photographer please consider your contractual obligations before entering.
- Current NPP couples are not eligible.
- Votes will be handled via secure online poll.
- Photographer travel will include 1 coach plane ticket, 3 nights of lodging on site, transportation and food.
- If $1500 budget is exceeded the winning couple will be responsible for extra expense.
- Wedding date availability will be taken into consideration when selecting finalists.
- To protect the integrity of the contest wedding vendors above reserve the right to disqualify any entry at any time
I’m sure most of you guys thought this day would never come (and sometimes neither did I)! But, it’s finally here! Our brand, spanking new site has gone live and I couldn’t be happier. It looks better than I could have ever imagined and it’s all thanks to a few truly talented individuals and I just have to sing their praises…
First up, Mrs. Emily Ley. Emily is the creative mind behind A Lowcountry Wedding’s fabulous branding. Emily hit it out of the park with the perfect color palette and spot-on logo and for that I have to give a HUGE, HUGE thank you!
Then, we have Sarah Kate Snyder, owner of Studio Snyder who, to put it mildly…nailed it. Sarah Kate took our perfect branding and translated it into a killer new website. It’s got that laid-back, Lowcountry ease we were missing before. I’m so over-the-moon with how everything has turned out that I just can’t say thank you enough!
I hope y’all love it as much as I do! We appreciate everyone’s kind words and are excited about all the big surprises we have in store for you this year! Don’t forget to subscribe to our RSS feed here.
Yesterday, my sister Emma called me to tell her boyfriend had finally proposed! Yay! I’m so excited and happy for them. Being engaged is such a fun, memorable time and I, personally, can’t wait for the wedding planning to begin So, now all I have to do is plan a trip out to Houston to see that shiny, new rock! Congrats, you two!
Since the newly engaged couple resides in Texas, I thought what better way to kick off the week then with a vintage-inspired engagement session from one of my favorite Texas photographers, Love Caryn Photography. This darling couple wanted their quirky, off-beat style to shine through and with the help of Love Caryn Photography, they were able to achieved some stunningly beautiful images.
Oh, and make sure to check out their adorable video…
Before we jump right in today fabulous Southern affair, we had to tell you about a new resource for all things travel in Charleston. Our friends over at the uber-luxurious Charleston Place Hotel have started up a new blog, Hidden Charleston. Whether you’re a lifetime local or Lowcountry newbie, this is your guide to the most talked about dining establishments, favorite watering holes, one-of-a-kind events and all the historic hotspots.
Normally, I like to write a little somethin’ somethin’ about the weddings that we post but I just love what Louisiana photographer Claire Elyse had to say about Kristen + Jonathan’s destination wedding that I thought I’d let her share today. So, from Miss Claire Elyse herself…
“Kristen and Jonathan’s wedding was one of those where I found myself counting down the days ‘til show time! It may have been because the wedding took place in the mountains of North Carolina, or perhaps because the bride and groom brought all the best of Louisiana to meet those mountains. It was all that and more. The details of this wedding were stunning, and even the vendors were the perfect mix of fun-loving South Louisiana meets breath taking North Carolina mountain highs. Jonathan proposed to Kristen in Andrews, North Carolina, so it was only appropriate to pack up the dress, cake, family, and bar and make a vacation out of it. The Hawkesdene House was one of my favorite venues to work with. The owners matched elegance with comfort. From the flowers, to one of Zoe’s Bakery’s masterpieces, to Abita Blues playing the requests of the bride and groom mixed with their own style. Kristen dreamt an amazing day into reality.”
Southern Wedding Vendors