You know I love me some cotton. Actually this week has been full of fun cotton details, remember Erin’s Charleston wedding at Boone Hall Plantation?! It was chock full of cotton and burlap loveliness! Well today we’ve got another cotton beauty to share with you and this one has quite the tale to go with it. Roxana + Joshua married in the Lowcountry this past fall on the enchanting Edisto Island at Cypress Trees Plantation. But that’s not all. With friends and family literally all across the globe, the couple decided it was necessary to have two separate celebrations, not just one Edisto Island but also Lima, Peru! But the REAL kicker…they planned both destination weddings from Angola and from the looks of it, they went off without a hitch! Thanks to Josh for filling us in on how they managed to pull off their whirlwind, International wedding celebrations!
Image from Roxana + Joshua’s Lima, Peru wedding via Lara y Luna
“A project management challenge, that’s the way I would sum it up! I joked with Roxana during the lead up to the wedding that we should add a line on project management to our resumes but that it might not be well relieved by potential employers.
Practically though, our families helped out a tremendous amount doing scouting runs for us and providing various levels of support. We did a lot of research online and then spent a years worth of vacation traveling to the US and Peru from Angola to visit venues, interview vendors and got all the major details underway. From that point on, once we had the major contractors secured we just kept ourselves organized through spreadsheets and notebooks and lists. We didn’t go into the millions of details that are possible to get so wrapped up in and bogged down by, we tried to keep ourselves sane by keeping the details right, but at the right level also.
Roxana headed to Peru two and a half weeks prior to the wedding there and we were in the US about 10 days before the wedding at Edisto. Last minute arrangements were done once we got on site. My folks and family were a tremendous help in the US organizing and pulling together most of the materials that we were not able to sort out during our previous trips. Then we just went and made it happen.
The happiest thing of all is that we were able to stay relatively sane throughout both and actually enjoy them! It would have been easy to get too carried away but somehow we managed to really have a lot of run and roll with the punches that came. I think all in all what it came down to for us was supportive families who helped a lot and good organization on our side that came together to make both events a success.”
Lowcountry Wedding Vendors
Today we’re announcing the Top 20 Lowcountry Weddings of 2012! If you didn’t catch 11-20 this morning, no worries, just make sure to check it out here. The Top 10 were the most viewed weddings for 2012 and boy, were they beautiful! They were captured by some of the South’s most-sought-after wedding photographers and designed by the uber-talented wedding planners that call the Lowcountry home. So take a look, and let us know which one catches your fancy
10. Nicole + Blake’s Bluffton Wedding from Debra Gulbas Photography and Embellished Events
Image via Debra Gulbas Photography
9. Meghan + Joshua’s Pink and Green Litchfield Plantation Wedding via Carmen Ash Photography
Image via Carmen Ash Photography
8. Jennifer + Mike’s Grey and Yellow Pepper Plantation Wedding shot by Virgil Bunao!
Image via Virgil Bunao
7. Tiffany + Chris’s Grande Dunes Wedding from Myrtle Beach Wedding Vendors Memorable Moments and Gene Ho Photography
Image via Gene Ho Photography
6. Meghann + Jordan’s Seaside Kiawah Island Wedding at the Sanctuary shot by R.L. Morris Photography
Image via R.L. Morris Photography
5. Linnea + James’s Charleston wedding at the Boone Hall Plantation Cotton Dock from Corey Potter Photography
Image via Corey Potter Photography
4. Cameron + Janie’s Charleston wedding at Magnolia Plantation captured by Carmen Ash Photography
Image via Carmen Ash Photography
3. Liz + Andrew’s vibrant DeBordieu Club wedding via Carolina Photosmith and Della Ramsey Weddings
Image via Carolina Photosmith
2. Chelsea + Hunter’s Charleston Wedding from Diana Deaver Photography
Image via Diana Deaver Photography
1. Katie + Yashar’s Isle of Palms wedding shot by Riverland Studios
Image via Riverland Studios
Lovely, eh? Congrats to all the brides and their fabulous vendors. Can’t wait to see what’s up their sleeves in 2013
Yall, 2012 was an awesome year here at A Lowcountry Wedding! Thanks to your support, our readership has grown by leaps and bounds and we CAN’T wait to see what’s in store for 2013. In honor of our fabulous year we wanted to share the love and present the Top 20 Lowcountry weddings from 2012. The Top 20 were determined by the posts with the most pageviews and they range in location from Beaufort to Charleston and Georgetown to Myrtle Beach! Thanks to all the wonderful vendors involved and stay tunedfor the Top 10 this afternoon!
20. Toby + Erica’s Charleston National wedding from Richard Bell Photography.
Image via Richard Bell Photography
19. Shannon + Jacob’s Charleston Wedding at Magnolia’s via Charleston Wedding Photography
Image via Charleston Wedding Photography
18. Jessica + Elliotte’s Pepper Plantation wedding shot by Richard Bell Photography
Image via Richard Bell Photography
17. Bridgette+ Asher’s Charleston wedding at McCrady’s via Jenna Marie
Image via Jenna Marie
16. Samantha + Scott’s Pawleys Island Wedding by Carolina Studios by Gillian Reinhardt!
Image via Carolina Studios by Gillian Reinhardt
15. Chris + Katie’s Wild Dunes Wedding from Morgan Trinker Photography!
Image via Morgan Trinker Photography
14. Brittany + Tim’s Pepper Plantation wedding from Reese Moore Wedding Photography!
Image via Reese Moore Wedding Photography
13. Jess + James’ Charleston Wedding from The Click Chick Photography!
Image via The Click chick Photography
12. Meredith + Keith’s Beaufort Wedding captured by Angela Cox Photography!
Image via Angela Cox Photography
11. Rees + Nicole’s Downtown Charleston Wedding from Britt Croft Photography!
Image via Britt Croft Photography
Stay Tuned for 2012′s Top 10 Weddings later today!
I thought you might want to kick off your morning with a little teaser from the lenses of Richard Bell Photography. This morning we’re sharing Haley’s stunning bridal session that took place in the heart of Holy City thanks to the talented Mell Bell. If you think this is swoon-worthy, just wait til this afternoon when you feast your eyes on Haley’s Mills House Hotel Wedding!
Charleston Wedding Vendors